- Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI)
- Non-Destructive Material Testing (NDT)
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
Surface breaking defects on all non-porous materials may lead to fracture because of notch effect, internal stress. These may happen during production process or from external force. It is a big problem in industries.
KERNIK Red-White Penetrant Testing can help detecting cracks even those can hardly be seen by naked eyes, before problem happen.
This is a low-cost method to detect defects such as crack or porosity that manifest on the surface of parts.
How It Works
- Clean the surface from oil, grease, paint, dirt or any loose scale by cloth. Then further clean by spraying with KERNIK Spray Cleaner 201.
- Spray KERNIK Red Penetrant 104 on the cleaned surface. The red penetrant will permeate by capillary action into any cracks/porosities on the surface.
- Moving excess penetrant from the surface with clean cloth. Spray KERNIK White Developer 102 onto the surface. The white developer will absorb the red dye in the cracks/pores. Linear signs are cracks and spot signs are pores.
KERNIK Red-White Penetrant Testing can be worked on casting parts, forging and welding surface from various types of materials including metals, ceramics, organic and composite materials.
- Reliability of test results.
- Simple operation.
- Quick results.
- Non-destructive testing.